The Shirley Oaks Village Residents' Association was formed in 2016 following Croydon Council's announcement of plans to de-designate the majority of the open spaces around the Shirley Oaks Village from Metropolitan Open Land and allow building on the land. The Association initially came together to act as a strong voice opposing those plans and is now working to improve the village for all residents and create a community.
- To represent the common interests of all residents living within the village.
- To promote and encourage a community spirit within the village.
- To represent the opinions, concerns or issues that are raised and agreed by the membership to local and national agencies.
- To represent the opinions, concerns or issues that are raised and agreed by the membership to Shirley Oaks Management Ltd and to the appointed Property Management Company.
- To improve the village environment and its infrastructure.
The Association is governed by its constitution, which was approved by the General Meeting on 24th February 2016.