The Shirley Oaks Village Residents' Association was formed in 2016 following Croydon Council's announcement of plans to de-designate the majority of the open spaces around the Shirley Oaks Village from Metropolitan Open Land and allow building on the land. The Association initially came together to act as a strong voice opposing those plans and is now working to improve the village for all residents and create a community.
- To represent the common interests of all residents living within the village.
- To promote and encourage a community spirit within the village.
- To represent the opinions, concerns or issues that are raised and agreed by the membership to local and national agencies.
- To represent the opinions, concerns or issues that are raised and agreed by the membership to Shirley Oaks Management Ltd and to the appointed Property Management Company.
- To improve the village environment and its infrastructure.
The Association is governed by its constitution, which was adopted by the General Meeting on 10th April 2019, as well as the code of conduct and data protection statement, which form appendices to the constitution.